Hope you all have had a nice winter veil so far and that you are getting warmed up for the new year. In the spirit of new years I thought I would do like last year and put together a review of this year’s blogging. But before I get started on it I’ll let Zazzy have a word with you. When she heard I was making a blog post she got very excited and insisted that she had something important to say.
Zazzy has spoken, so without further ado let’s have a look at my top 5 blogging memories of the year:
1. The Amazing Transmog Survivor Contest!
JD over at Amateur Azerothian aranged a transmog competition at the start of the year. I had never taken part in any transmog competitions before and had no clue on what it would be like. But I decided to try it out and I’m so glad I did. It was a ton of fun. It is my absolute blog favorite of 2013. I made 4 different transmogs for the event and each of them was accompanied by a comic:
1. Amateur Azerothian’s Amazing Transmog Survivor Contest! Where Indil got tricked into posing in front of a big angry kitten.
2. Amazing Transmog Survivor Contest: Stronghorn the Brawler Where Zazzy got to hear about Tiny’s dad
3. Amazing Transmog Survivor Contest: JD the Scribe Where I got to design a character based on JD. Oh, and it’s my first use of the “Dalaran Daily” design.
4. Amazing Transmog Survivor Contest – Miu’s Home Coming Where Zazzy puts together a nice outfit for Miu to wear when she goes back to Pandaria to visit her in-laws.
2. Alt Appreciation
Lae over at World of Lae had this great idea to celebrate all the classes through an event she called Alt Appreciation. At first I thought it could be a tricky one to do and still keep Zazzy at the center of what was going on. But then I got to thinking, what if Zazzy wanted to be another class? And how would she handle all the attention shifting over to others. In the end I only managed to do 3 Zazzy Mogs posts for the classes. But these posts were amongs my favorites of the year:
1. Zazzy post as a Death Knight to get some extra attention.
2. Zazzy tries to get accepted in to the Cenarion Circle to start druid training.
3. Zazzy tries her very best to be a Hunter, but ended up at the hospital.
Apparently it’s not so easy to get druid training once you’re a shaman…
3. Dressing the Male Pandaren Body
Pandas can be tricky to do nice transmogs for, specially the male pandas. When I made this post I tried to keep it general and pin point some basic ideas for male pandaren transmogs. I also made 3 transmogs to go along with the tips and tricks. It was a fun challenge and it’s the most read posts on the blog.
4. The Wolf Slayer
I’m not 100% sure on why this is one of my favorites this year. But it’s probably the combination of a transmog I love (and to most part still use on my alliance hunter) and a story I had a lot of fun putting together and telling.
5. Friday Night Date – Druid Style
This post is based on one of my all time favorite transmogs. It’s a mog I have been using for a long time and it was about time it ended up on the blog. The story kinda came to me as I was thinking about druids and dating one day. What would it be like if two druids dated? And all of a sudden I had this sweet little story I wanted to tell. It’s probably the “cutest” post here on the blog.
Thanks for revisiting some of my favorite blog memories with me!